Username Password: Remember me

Turbo Radiator source
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turbo Radiator source

Turbo Radiator source 11 years, 11 months ago #13196

• gmanz
  • Drivers Ed
I'm shopping for a Turbo Radiator to replace the stock (clogged) one in my '84. Looked at the usual suspects starting with the suppliers to the left. Paragon pricing is $423 partsgeek has one for $371. Guess I was thinking closer to $200 so thought I would ask if anyone had a different source.
Walt Walton

Re: Turbo Radiator source 11 years, 10 months ago #13256

Sonnen Porsche usually has very good prices for OEM parts. Put in a request here:Sonnen Porsche
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Turbo Radiator source 11 years, 10 months ago #13259

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Look at the rules. As I recall, we are no longer required to use a Porsche radiator. That said, (and after verifying the rules) perhaps there are after market radiators that will fit into our opening and will be less than a Porsche unit.

I have not needed one for a number of years but recall seeing some in the $200 range that seemed like they might work. I will look in my favorites file to see if I saved some al. radiator suppliers there.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Turbo Radiator source 11 years, 10 months ago #13262

I was saying the same thing to Ron last weekend. Ideally, I'd go with a thicker core of the same height if it is legal and use an aftermarket fan. It would be easier than extending the lower rad support for the turbo unit, provide more ground clearance, and the n/a lower rad hose would fit well.

Re: Turbo Radiator source 11 years, 10 months ago #13265

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I do believe there are radiators like you are talking about, Steve. I agree that would be great. They may be less expensive than stock or turbo ones, as well. That is what we all need, less expensive stuff that does the job for things like this.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds