Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944 Engine for Endurance racing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 944 Engine for Endurance racing

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 6 months ago #13905

I did not say there was play in the system. It is like there is a small amount of wind up before it hits the stop. I am not being critical of the conversion. I have it in my car and I like it.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by michaelreich. Reason: clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Dog

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 6 months ago #13906

Interesting. I'll have took take a look at that. All these years I've just looked the system, and called it a day.

I do prefer the depowered power rack to the manual. The faster steering makes corrections, and keeping both hands on the wheel, easier.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 5 months ago #14354

• karbuf
  • Comp School
UPDATE: The teardown is complete.. engine bay, undercarriage and interior painted.. Roll cage is next, hope to have it completed mid Dec (funds a little slow right now!).. meanwhile going thru suspension components and assembly..

painted_engine.JPG
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by karbuf.

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 5 months ago #14378

• karbuf
  • Comp School
Question About Front Sway Bar: Just looking at the front sway bar mounting configuration, it appears to be a little flimsy... Is that the case? Do you guys do anything to beef up those two front sway bar mounts? Or do they actually work fine as designed?

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 5 months ago #14379

• karbuf
  • Comp School
WHEEL CHOICE QUESTION: I have the option to run the 16X7 front/16X8 rear setup for wheels. Would this be a desired option (competitive advantage) over the 15X7 (all four) for endurance road racing? (btw: these are all the correct offset for '88 and are the phonedial wheels).

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 5 months ago #14380

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
There is a ready made brace or support that runs forward to the front tow eye mount to triangulate the mount. You can get them from Tarrett. You can also make them too.

karbuf wrote:
Question About Front Sway Bar: Just looking at the front sway bar mounting configuration, it appears to be a little flimsy... Is that the case? Do you guys do anything to beef up those two front sway bar mounts? Or do they actually work fine as designed?
Old Racer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karbuf
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds