Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New 944 Spec in the Mid South
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New 944 Spec in the Mid South

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 7 months ago #13723

• Steve_M
  • Drivers Ed
I just realized I have not been keeping up with my build here. I have been making some entries in the NASA Mid South 944 Happenings thread on the National forum site.

I want to acknowledge that I have stolen borrowed many ideas from this forum. I want to thank everyone who I ... borrowed from. What a treasure trove of information.

Thanks!

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 5 months ago #14306

• Steve_M
  • Drivers Ed
Again, I am sorry I haven't kept up with the build here, almost all the information, tricks, tips, etc., came from here and I thank you all.

It is finished. All it needs are a few decals.

I am running it in an Autocross this weekend and then comp school the following weekend.

Again, thanks to everyone, you have all been a great help.

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 5 months ago #14313

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Awesome to see another new car built! Good job! Hope to maybe see you at Hallett next summer with some of the other Regions. One thing I see that may need to be adressed is the ride height. Looks to be very high to my calibrated eye.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 5 months ago #14315

You guys are rocking in the South!

I agree on ride height, though. It looks even, but high!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 5 months ago #14364

• Steve_M
  • Drivers Ed
Yeah, it's high, it still has the stock suspension in it. The car weighs 1446 with out driver and an unknown amount of gas (probably something over 3/4 tank, I didn't put a fuel level gauge in it, yet). With me in it, helmet and hans, it's at 1637.

I am planning on putting Paragon's 944 Spec suspension in it over the winter, I just ran out of time getting it ready for comp school on November 9-11. It should work until then.

Re: New 944 Spec in the Mid South 11 years, 5 months ago #14368

It's all good - most important that you get out there. I ran my first car like that for most of a year in HPDE. Go get'm!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds