Username Password: Remember me

Stock base weight?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Stock base weight?

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13751

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
Just take out everything that doesn't make it go, and is legal. If you go under weight, you can add ballast where you want it.

You can't put the ballast where you want.
Rule 10.2.3
www.nasaproracing.com/rules/944_spec_rules.pdf
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13752

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
I cant believe that nobody has any stock weights! Any best guesses based on some knowledge?
Old Racer!

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13753

True Ken, within limits, but you can get it pretty much where you want it within those limits. By carefully selecting where you put the cool suit, fire suppression system, and other ancillaries, you can get these cars within 20-30 lbs of being square (same weight on all corners), with an average sized driver. The is pretty amazing for a production car, and one of the keys to the great 944 handling.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13754

Here is another weight for you Joe, my street car is a 1988 944. A/C, cruise, spare tire, p/w, p/s, p/b

2950 and change, depending on fuel,

I think earlier cars are lighter 1983-1985 not sure about 1986.
Norman #99

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13755

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Thanks for the info.

That is not very encouraging for my plan. If your 88' car is representative of what my 86' weight was, and I suppose it is likely really similar, then I am in trouble.

I was hoping to leave some amenities and basic street legality items installed. It looks like even removing everything per the rules (nothing left in not required), with my stature included, I will be lucky to make close to 2600#. If I leave all the lights, A/C and some interior I will be a few hundred pounds over at least. Very hard to be competitive that far of the mark.

Thoughts? Are the 86'-89' guys getting to 2600# or are they struggling?
Old Racer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: norman#99

Re: Stock base weight? 11 years, 7 months ago #13756

I recommend that you get the car race legal and just go have fun, if your new at this, your going to have a year or two for a learning curve anyway.

To answer your question, if you weigh 200lbs and your leaving all of that stuff in your car, you will be way over. It's hard getting these cars to 2400lbs even if you strip them all of the way down.

There is good racing all of the way through the field, you don't have to be up front to have a blast!

Good luck and go have fun!
Norman #99
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds