Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal?

Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal? 11 years, 6 months ago #14105

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Subject says it all. Letter of the law appears to me to be a 'no' but I also see little advantage over solid Delrin?

Thoughts?
Old Racer!

Re: Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal? 11 years, 6 months ago #14106

• Big Dog
  • Banned
What is the cost difference between them? Our concept is lower cost. However, lower cost also includes replacement of wear items that can get more expensive so that would be part of the question, to me. I am not sure Delrin "wears out" but, if it does and the poly/bronze bushings last longer at a reasonable price, it might make sense for the powers that be to consider them as they do not seem to be a performance issue.

My two cents on the subject, in any event.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal? 11 years, 6 months ago #14108

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
They are $300-$315 new. I Think Delrin kit runs around $175-$250 depending on where you buy and the manufacturer. The difference is that you can lube the Elephant ones indefinitely where the delrin ones need to be replaced when they wear out.

I think this may be a case of cheap/short term vs more expensive and longer life?

Big Dog wrote:
What is the cost difference between them? Our concept is lower cost. However, lower cost also includes replacement of wear items that can get more expensive so that would be part of the question, to me. I am not sure Delrin "wears out" but, if it does and the poly/bronze bushings last longer at a reasonable price, it might make sense for the powers that be to consider them as they do not seem to be a performance issue.

My two cents on the subject, in any event.

Big Dog
Old Racer!

Re: Elephant poly/bronze trailing arm bushings legal? 11 years, 6 months ago #14109

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Personally, I have never worn out any delrin bushings, over a 5-6 year time period.

Perhaps there are others with more experience with the life of delrin.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds