Username Password: Remember me

LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014

LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014 11 years, 4 months ago #14800

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
Just finished putting together our Lemons Chumcar but expect to graduate to Spec sometime late this year or early next year...
Attachments:
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Tabbasco.

Re: LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014 11 years, 4 months ago #14801

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Love the paint scheme! Im guessing its still basically stock but gutted with all the safety bits installed? So to make the jump you would need to add the suspension components and reinstall the body stuff you changed? Im guessing your not betting on using that front bumper for anything. You know what they say, rubbing is racing.

On a side note, got any insider info on the rest of the schedule for The Drivers Edge? Word has it that there may be a Circuit of the Americas date?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tabbasco

Re: LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014 11 years, 4 months ago #14804

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
You got the 1st part right...the splitter and wing will be removed and only four small holes to fill when removing the rear wing. I got the suspension in a deal with the cage so it is sitting in my garage waiting for install just need a front Weltmeister Swaybar and 30mm T-bar.

TDE is going to COTA in January...cross your fingers the deal should be done soon!
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net

Re: LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014 11 years, 4 months ago #14805

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Do you already have a rear Welt bar? I only ask because if I were building a car right now, I would likely go with Tarett. They sponsor the class and pictures of their products look like they're very well engineered. Seems like for a long time the Welt bars were the preferred bar, but there are other options. You may be able to still get a 15% discount if you ask nicely.

www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/general/13...new-944-spec-sponsor

Good news about TDE @ COTA. I just hope its not one of the week ends that I already have something planned, like the second or third one. I have have to work the second week end and NASA-TX is having their first race the third week end. Im sure once word gets out that it will fill up quick. MVP Track Time sold out a 3 day event costing over $800 in less than 2 weeks. TDE is already at MSR-H the last week end so that pretty much leaves the first week end open for me. Cross my fingers!
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: LeMons / Chumpcar 2013, 944 Spec 2014 11 years, 4 months ago #14806

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
The rear weltbar came with the cage...so I have been searching for a front one...I like the tarrant one but $650 is steep for me.

COTA 1st or 2nd week is what I heard this weekend!
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds