Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice?

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14927

Tobbasco, I like your 944! One thing that caught my eye is no rear glass, do you not get lots of exhaust through the huge hole? Also, an FYI, we had a racer without a back window, at over 100mph the motor blew and the oil ignited which caused the fire to suck through the back hatch which is the only reason the driver was burned pretty bad, you might consider plexiglass. Sorry to bring it up, but I would feel like crap if something happened to you and I didn't.

I see that The Drivers Edge (not the teen driving school called Driver's Edge) has rented Circuit of The America's in January, before it sold out, can you say how much entry fee was? I was there for F1 and the track looks like a lot of fun, would love to drive it someday.

Thanks,
Norman #99

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14929

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
I am building something for the rear...aluminum and lexan...I will also aluminum panel the sunroof...but no exhaust came in thru the back...

CoTA is $265 per day and God Willing, I am running her in a little over a week!
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14945

• karbuf
  • Comp School
I've seen a lot of references to lower control arm failures.. What actually fails? Is there anything I can do on my '88 stock lower control arms to make them more durable?

Have you seen these before? Do you know if they work well?
www.ebay.com/itm/170701183813?ssPageName...id=p3984.m1438.l2649

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14946

It's the early aluminum arms that are problem. Replace them will steel arms.

The Rennbay bronze bushing kit is a good idea on the late arms. They are fine then. Happy hunting!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14948

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
The bushing fails dramatically at times causing a partial loss of control. I have an extra set of steel arms...I will sell pretty cheap.

Todd
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net

Re: Lowering the Ride Height.. Advice? 11 years, 3 months ago #14950

Steel arms won't work on an '88. With stiff antisway bar settings in front, I've seen the steel arms crack as well. Everyone needs to inspect the a-arms before each race, no matter what type you have. Racing is hard on these things, especially if your are running your Tarett, or Weltmeister bar stiff up front.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds