Username Password: Remember me

Turn signals dead
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turn signals dead

Turn signals dead 15 years, 8 months ago #2092

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
While stripping interior, I removed more wiring from the car, and now my rear blinkers don't work. All signal lights work all around with Hazards on so my relay and lights are good, front turns light up but dont blink with blinkers on, backs are dead with blinker switch on.
All I removed was the horizontal part of the center console and wiring (ashtray light, sunroof control, mirror control). Gauges, heater controls, radio are all still there.

I can't imagine how any of these affect signals.
It's almost impossible to get under the dash to trace wiring now that the cage is in.

I'm picking up another car in Chico on the trailer this weekend and will need to drive this car home from Thunderhill, so blinkers would be nice.

thought I'd take a shot and see if anyone else had this problem and knows a quick fix?
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Turn signals dead 15 years, 8 months ago #2095

The blinkers are wired into the hazard switch. So pull that out and it won't blink.

If the front ones work and not the back ones then you have wire cut some place from the hazard switch back to the rear lights. Not much to do to find it other than follow the wires.

You could start from the back and trace them to the switch with meter and see if you can fine where they start to work again.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Turn signals dead 15 years, 8 months ago #2096

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks, but I dont think its the wires going to the rear.
With the Hazards on, the front and rears work, so the wiring to the back is good and the relay is good.
It's just with the blinkers on only the fronts light up and they dont blink.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Turn signals dead 15 years, 6 months ago #2343

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Thought I'd post the fix action if anyone needs it later. Broken wire was Blue/white wire from fuse #9 (back-up lights) that also supplies 12V to the turn signal switch. The Hazard switch has different power source so it worked independently.
Also, Reconnecting all the cut brown wires to chassis ground fixed the other wierd electrical problems.
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Turn signals dead 15 years, 6 months ago #2365

• Dillon
  • Drivers Ed
Do you have an early or late model car? I have this exact same problem. Unfortunately my car is a late model car and all the info I could find online about turn signals not working is related to early model cars. The car has been stripped since I've owned it, but I was told they worked before. This makes it hard to troubleshoot because I'm not entirely sure what all was removed, or cut. As you said it's nearly impossible to get under the dash with the cage in so I'm hoping this is an easy fix....
Last Edit: 15 years, 6 months ago by Dillon.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds