Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options?

Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options? 7 years, 3 months ago #21430

• sfoltz
  • Drivers Ed
What is out there to legally replace these on a 944 Spec car? Mine are in pretty bad condition. Racers Edge and Lindsey Racing sell the solid mount ones, are those legal?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options? 7 years, 3 months ago #21431

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Are you referring to the upper mount that attaches to the chassis over the rear wheel?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options? 7 years, 3 months ago #21432

• sfoltz
  • Drivers Ed
AgRacer wrote:
Are you referring to the upper mount that attaches to the chassis over the rear wheel?

Yes and the other one a little further down.

rearmountbushings.jpg

Re: Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options? 7 years, 3 months ago #21433

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
The solid metallic bushing options available for those two locations are not legal. If you found a non-metallic delrin/poly version of those two bushings they would be legal. I have seen some delrin options around, but am uncertain as to the benefit of changing the bushing in those two locations. They seem to serve more as a vibration dampener rather and the benefit to going solid or delrin/poly wouldn't really be the same as the other locations that serve to maintain suspension geometry throughout the movement range.

Directly quoted from the rules so newcomers to this thread understand why:

15.8 Suspension Bushings

Stock rubber suspension bushings may be replaced with any non-metallic bushing. Stock bushings, consisting of rubber and metal, may be replaced with a combination of non-metallic/metallic bushing so long as the metallic portion does not exceed that of the stock bushing and the geometric relationship of non-metallic/metallic is maintained. Factory 968 style caster blocks are allowed. No bushing may alter original suspension geometry.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Torsion Tube to Chassis Mount Bushing Options? 7 years, 3 months ago #21435

• sfoltz
  • Drivers Ed
AgRacer wrote:
The solid metallic bushing options available for those two locations are not legal. If you found a non-metallic delrin/poly version of those two bushings they would be legal. I have seen some delrin options around, but am uncertain as to the benefit of changing the bushing in those two locations. They seem to serve more as a vibration dampener rather and the benefit to going solid or delrin/poly wouldn't really be the same as the other locations that serve to maintain suspension geometry throughout the movement range.

I guess my stock pieces could still be used if I can't find OEM replacements.

Thank you,
Sean
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds