Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

help with my shopping list please
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: help with my shopping list please

help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2541

I am going to start getting parts together for my suspension, starting with the rear. I know I'm going with 30mm solid T-bars, and Koni adjustable dampers, and am sticking with my 19mm adjustable stabilizer bar for now (probably will upgrade the links though).

Please give me your input on what are the necessary bushings to replace, plus the ones that are just smart to do "while I'm in there" with material, brand and source preferences. I also have never heard you guys talk about bump stops, any recommendations there ? What have I overlooked completely ? Thanks for the help

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2542

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Torsion bar bushings... We went to do my torsion bars and found that the rubber was pretty horribly shot, but had to put it back together like that because I didn't have any replacement bushings. Now I basically have to do it all over again, just for the bushings.
Paragon Products has polyurethane ones for an alright price, which should be a bit better than rubber. Delrin ones are super expensive though
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2543

• dmdirks
Cullen,

You'll need to replace the inner and outer spring plate bushings as well as the front and rear torsion tube mount bushings. The poly bushings work great.

I need to replace these on Michelle's car, too. At one point we talked about a bushing replacement party over the winter...?
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2544

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
i could use a bushing replacement party too. My rear suspension feels like mush. I wish I just put my bushings in when we did torsion bars but $$ and time was an issue back then

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2545

Thanks guys. As much as I love a good party, I'll have to do mine in the snow drifts down here !!

So what about bump stops, what are youse guyz using ?? Here's a good read on the subject:

www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/microcellul...talking-about-17337/
Last Edit: 15 years, 5 months ago by cullenwinter.

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2546

• dmdirks
Bump stops...?

I didn't change anything from stock on the back of my red car. Your new front shocks should come with stops.
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds