Username Password: Remember me

help with my shopping list please
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: help with my shopping list please

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2547

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
I thought the konis came with bump stops?

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2548

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Chris wrote:
i could use a bushing replacement party too. My rear suspension feels like mush. I wish I just put my bushings in when we did torsion bars but $$ and time was an issue back then

Yeah, Chuck said mine were the worst he's ever seen, and I'm really sick of dealing with the problems that they cause. I've got my engine apart right now (#3 exhaust valve isn't seating), so I'll just need a week or two notice before the "party", since I'll need to order parts and put things back together first...

As for bump stops, I think I just cut my stock ones in half (keeping the more firm half). You want to have bump stops, but you don't want to be riding on them after you lower the car.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 15 years, 5 months ago by Weston.

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2549

These rear shocks have a weird part #. Are the wrong, and do we know the seller ?

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...X%3AIT&viewitem=

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2550

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Hi Cullen,
Glad to hear your working on the suspension. I think most of the parts I'm getting were covered above. I had gathered as well to replace all of the bushings and spring plate berings while it is apart. I also think the group has developed a system for indexing the t-bars where they drill a hole in the side of fender just in front of the rear wheel that lines up with the bar, weld a tab on the end of the t-bar to make it easier to adjust. Please chime in if it is more technical than that as I have all of this work to do as well. The shock part number is in the rules or Dart has the part #. I ended up getting all of my parts from them, about or better pricing than Paragon and lots of help if I need it.
I will need help on how to index the t-bars.

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2552

I thought it odd that they have the correct front part # but a different part # for the rears on that e-bay listing. I still might grab 'em up though...

On the bushings it looks to me like I need spring plate bushings, front and rear. Torsion tube bushings, inner and outer. Is that correct ? I will probably drill a nice hole in the side of my car, and weld on tabs, for the ride height adjustability. If you guys already have some pics of that to link, that would be great ! I'll search it later if you don't. Cheers

Re:help with my shopping list please 15 years, 5 months ago #2553

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Cullen, those koni shocks are for an early 944. While the front struts on a 924S are early the rear shocks are late so those rear shocks will not work on your car despite what he says in the auction.
Yes, you will want inner outer, front and rear bushings.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds