Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Front suspension shopping list help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Front suspension shopping list help

Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2611

I'm going to go ahead and get parts for the front end right away. I know I need the GC coil-over kit (375#) and Koni's, but am unsure on the spring length and diameter to use for the 924S. Which sizes do I need, and what else is recommended to replace "while I'm in there" ?

I've done tie rods, ball joints and control arm bushings already BTW. Thanks for the help

Re:Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2612

length is 8" or 10" the 87/88 944's need 10" I ran 300# 8" on my car for a while and it was plenty high.
diameter is 2.5 (or what ever your kit needs)

Re:Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2613

Go to Paragon Products website - www.paragon-products.com They have a complete package for Spec 944 racing. Paragon is awesome to work with and even if you don't need everything in their packages they are willing to work with you to create one containing the parts you need
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's

Re:Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2615

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
good choice on the spring rates cullen. (thats what im using)
My first springs were 300# 10 inch and those were too long, i had to put the coilover at maximum lowering to get the desired ride height. For my 375# springs I got 8 inch and I'm glad I did as middle of the adjustment is just about right. If you just want to get everything in the front suspension done at once so you only have to ever get one alignment then get camber plates while you are at it. I got the cheapo ebay ones and I've been happy with em.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2620

The e-bay plates are $135 right now, so I'm on 'em !! Thanks guys
Last Edit: 15 years, 5 months ago by cullenwinter.

Re:Front suspension shopping list help 15 years, 5 months ago #2621

944sracer wrote:
Go to Paragon Products website - www.paragon-products.com They have a complete package for Spec 944 racing. Paragon is awesome to work with and even if you don't need everything in their packages they are willing to work with you to create one containing the parts you need

I'm supporting a new RM sponsor with all of my suspension purchases (Peak Eurosport) and so far, they have been great to work with. Thanks for the advice nonetheless
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds