Wheel Rims for 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wheel Rims for 944

Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 3 months ago #3299

• Palmr28
  • Drivers Ed
Hey guys,

I am new around here, and am getting into Spec 944, and am wondering about the wheel rim rule.

Is there any difference at all from the Phone Dial rim and ATS Cookie Cutter rim at all? Outside of obvious color, and pattern.

Which is prefered, if any over the other?

Thank you for your time.

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 3 months ago #3300

Welcome to the world of 944-SPEC !

Where is home ?

As for the wheel differences. I am near sure the cookie is a tick lighter and often thought of as a tick stronger. both of these "ticks" are super small and I would go with the one you get for less cost. The late (offset) cars only come in Phone dials.

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 3 months ago #3308

Both of these wheels were allowed since they are stock and quite unloved. Used wheels can go for as little as $30 each. The only thing that really determine useage is the car offset.

83-86 cars are early offset and can used the ATS Cookie Cutters or Phone dials in early offset.
87-88 cars including 924S need to use the late offset Phone dials. This has to do with change for ABS make on 87 & 88 944 and due to the narrow fenders of the 924S.

The cookie cutter tends to be the more popular early offset wheel. However it is also pretty cheap to obtained used and used wheels never seem to be an issue.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3313

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Palmr28 and welcome to 944-SPEC.

If you have a 83-86 car, the cookie cutters are a little more desirable because they are lighter.

Here are wheel weights I came up with on my scale, YMMV.

Fuchs: 13.4 lbs. <-- Not 944-SPEC legal.
Cookie Cutters: 15.2 lbs.
Phonedials: 17.5 lbs.
--Ken

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3350

• Palmr28
  • Drivers Ed
Thank you guys for a heads up.

Well I am Chicago, and have an 88 944. So it is the late years. Problem is I have 5 cookie cutter wheels, and it sounds like i will need phone dials because of the ABS deal.

Looks like I need to sell 5 ATS rims.

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3355

COOL PICTURE ! That Midwest region needs a few real racers ... (more smack for Nationals) .

I'm sure those guys can work out some trades or just hit Ebay and trade what you have for what you need .

The Chi Carrr Go area is % wise the fastest growing group in 944-spec so Eric and the gang can hook you up!

agian nice picture.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds