Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wheel Rims for 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wheel Rims for 944

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3356

I'll trade you even up for 5 late offset phone dials. I'm 2 hours west of Chicago. I have 4 of them in my garage right now, and 1 more at Ray's shop.

Tell me more about where you're at, what you need, and what your plans are.

Also, need a name and an email.

Welcome
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3363

• Palmr28
  • Drivers Ed
I am actually in Chicago. My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , and my name is Mike.

I am interested. I just have to let you know when I get all of the wheels together.

Thank you very much!

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3401

Palmr28 wrote:
Thank you guys for a heads up.

Well I am Chicago, and have an 88 944. So it is the late years. Problem is I have 5 cookie cutter wheels, and it sounds like i will need phone dials because of the ABS deal.

Looks like I need to sell 5 ATS rims.

I have an 1988 944 NA that I am currently running early offset wheels and when I do track it, I use the 15x7 Cookie Cutter wheels with 225/50/15 Toyo RA1 tires. These fit without any rubbing because of my negative offset camber so if you have at least -2.5 in the front and -1.5 in the rear or greater, it will fit. There is no issue due to ABS, at least on my car there isn't. Didn't even know they had ABS on an 88' 944.

The only problem is the early offset wheels are not legal for the late model 944's because it increases the track width. This gives a slight unfair advantage because you have almost 2" greater track width so it is not legal for Spec Racing.

Unsprung weight is a big important part of acceleration and handling and by dropping over 2.5 lbs from each wheel by going with Cookies rather than the Phone Dials is an advantage for racing. Too bad we can't use them in our late cars.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Wheel Rims for 944 15 years, 2 months ago #3409

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
Litespeeds wrote:

The only problem is the early offset wheels are not legal for the late model 944's because it increases the track width. This gives a slight unfair advantage because you have almost 2" greater track width so it is not legal for Spec Racing.

Unsprung weight is a big important part of acceleration and handling and by dropping over 2.5 lbs from each wheel by going with Cookies rather than the Phone Dials is an advantage for racing. Too bad we can't use them in our late cars. [/quote]

True, however you have better front suspension geometry in the late cars, so the choice is yours.

Bill
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds