Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Building spec 944 for AZ region
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Building spec 944 for AZ region

Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #393

Hi guys, i am a new guy, building a spec 944 for the NASA AZ region. I have a few questions and thought you could help?

#1 Can you run a short shifter?

#2 What is better, to leave the stock airbox in the car, or to put an aftermarket or custom air filter system in?

Thanks a bunch,

Austin

Re:Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #395

No short shifter...

I run stock air box . on all of my cars

Re:Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #406

Motul 47x wrote:
Hi guys, i am a new guy, building a spec 944 for the NASA AZ region. I have a few questions and thought you could help?

#1 Can you run a short shifter?

#2 What is better, to leave the stock airbox in the car, or to put an aftermarket or custom air filter system in?

Thanks a bunch,

Austin

Austin,
It was great talking with you and your father our at the track this past weekend!

We are willing to answer any question you have. As we talked about we don't have any secret prep in the class. In fact we try to give advice to build the cars as quickly as possible all to the same performance level. This way we have more guys at the front to race!

Ok.
1) Short shifters are not allowed - Stock only... So you just saved $$$ on build cost
2) Stock Airbox and paper filter performes quite well. I run this set-up and many others do as well. You are allowed to mod the intake before the AFM, but it does not result in additional power. Maybe after the car is built you can experiment here, but using a stock airbox and paper filter can still put you up front.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #411

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. I need to know the Diff lude viscosity you recommend and the capacity.

Pete

Re:Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #412

Motul 47x wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. I need to know the Diff lude viscosity you recommend and the capacity.

Pete

I recommend Redline Heavy Shockproof gear oil in the transaxle. You will need 3 quarts to fill. I probably won't take all if it however. I think the offical number is 2.5 QT's or something.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by joepaluch.

Re:Building spec 944 for AZ region 16 years, 1 month ago #413

Thanks
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds