Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84

Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84 15 years, 1 month ago #4023

Since I'm still waiting on the block, I figured I would remove the main wiring harness and redesign the wiring. I left the engine harness in place and just disconnected the main harness at the T9 connector at the firewall. This leaves me with nine wires that I may need to address at some point. I’ve gone over the electric diagrams for hours and have found that they do not exactly represent reality and without the engine in place I’m a bit lost. Would someone be kind enough to look at their car and tell me where the following wires or connectors terminate. All of these come out of the engine harness and I’ve started with the wires or connectors the furthest from the firewall in terms of wire length.

-0.5mm blue/black and blue/white wires with rubber hats
-blue two terminal connector
-black three terminal connector
-black five terminal connector with only four leads (I assume this is the AFM)
-0.5mm blue and yellow wire with a female spade connector
-black two terminal connector

There are also two connectors at the firewall.
-2.0mm green going into a ceramic adapter (which is badly broken) with a .5mm black wire on the other side with a frayed end. (I assume this is the O2 sensor wire, less the sensor.)
-.5mm black and brown wires to a two pin connector, male on the brown, female on the black.

Thanks! Once I get it all wired and running, I’ll be happy to post the schematics for anyone else who wants to do the same.
512 707-8869

Re:Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84 15 years, 1 month ago #4064

• many944s
  • Junior Racer
Here is a link to a thread I posted a while back with the wire scheme for the early harness:

944spec.org/944SPEC/component/option,com...mit,6/limitstart,18/

However, since you removed the connectors these color codes probably wont help much. I will take a look at my custom harness tomorrow and find out which pins are what on the connectors there by the brake booster and let you know!

As for you question on the 2 wire (black/brown) connector by the O2 sensor, that is a power feed for a heated O2 sensor.

-Nick

Re:Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84 15 years ago #4077

Nick,

Thanks. Somehow I missed your post about doing the same thing. I am still curious about the O2 sensor wire/ceramic plug and the other connectors if anyone has a chance.
512 707-8869

Re:Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84 15 years ago #4119

Just in case anyone else needs the information.

DME Harness
-Connection to DME
-T2 Connection to Altitude Comp Switch
-T2 Connection to MPG indicator in Tach
FIREWALL
-Shielded O2 sensor wire
-T2 Connector 12V after FP relay and ground (Heated O2 sensor)
-T9 Connector (I have all nine of these wires noted as well if someone needs the info.)
-Two ground wires
-Two T2 Connectors for Speed and Reference Mark Signals
-Injector branch
Remaining long branch
-Air Valve
-Coolant Temp Warning Sensor
-T5 Connector AFM
-T3 Connector Throttle Valve
-T2 Connector Temperature Sensor
The two last wires go to the Oil Pressure Sender

The way I figure it you will only need the DME harness and the T9 connector on the main harness that connects to the T9 connector on the DME harness. From the T9 on the main harness you will need some of the wires, and the FP relay. I’m pulling the dash and using an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, so the wires to the OE oil pressure sender are useless to me as is the rest of the harness, the power dist. board, and many relays. I’ll reuse some heavy wire to go to the master kill switch and will have to run a brake and FP wire to the back as well as radiator fan wires up front.
512 707-8869

Re:Engine Bay Wire Connections on '84 15 years ago #4120

Solved the O2 wire issue as well.

The heavy green wire out of the DME harness is shielded. Can't tell you why it terminates in a ceramic mass since the small O2 sensor wire goes straight to it, but there you go.
512 707-8869
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds