Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

importance of spring plate cover mount
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: importance of spring plate cover mount

importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4135

I am ordering parts to redo my entire suspension.

One part that elephant racing makes is the spring plate cover mount that is $260 for the pair. OE rubber mount is $60 each.

Are these critical to the performance of the car and worth upgrading or renewing?

Just have not read too much about this part.

Re:importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4143

Polybronze bushings are not legal since they use a metallic material to replace some of the stock rubber. Plastic or delrin bushings are legal.

However I am still not 100% certain which bushings you are refering to.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4147

I'm guessing that the OP is referring to these www.elephantracing.com/suspension/mounts...platecovermounts.htm

I am way to low budget to be interested in those but they couldn't hurt. Are they legal though ?

Re:importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4148

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Cullen. I wasn't too sure what he was talking about either. I'd assume since they are aluminum they are not. Probably why they are so expensive. Makes me wonder about new poly bushings for that part though. Mine looked pretty squishy.

Re:importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4149

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
i had those on my car and also full spherical bearings before i became a spec guy. after i changed all that stuff, i didn't really notice any difference. maybe a bit softer overall. i replaced them with old stock ones i had sitting around, and i put in the poly bushings to replace the spherical ones.

oh, and when i asked Paluch about them, he said they were not legal.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Last Edit: 15 years ago by rlofgren.

Re:importance of spring plate cover mount 15 years ago #4151

The more I think about it, because those support the cantilever arms, I can't really see how "squishiness" at that mounting point would affect dynamic camber or toe much, if at all. Oh, and they're not spec legal and really expensive. I've never seen a poly replacement for those.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds