Username Password: Remember me

Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6727

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
not sure if this helps....

when I did my tor... bars, the 2nd try I measured everything I could find. I ended up using small square, layed it on top of the spring plate (not the outer part that the eccentric moves) aligned it with the end of the spring plate, and moved the banana arm until it was 6 1/4 inches to the top.

(why was my pic smaller than Joe's?)

I found this reference the best place to fine tune getting the splines where I needed them as I put the spring plate covers on. This gave me 4" ride height with the eccentrics in the center.

But, I installed 29mm tor... bars. So not sure how close that'll put you on yours.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Gary_44.

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6729

Could you post your results and the measurements you used here?

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6730

never mind I see that I did not read far enough. Thanks

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6738

The person I traded suspension parts with came up with 1 7/8" as the amount of suspension compression from relaxed to under load.

Would it be possible for someone with aluminum trailing arms to take a measurement similar to the one in the picture with the car on the ground?

Theoretically I could then add 1 7/8" and get the proper unloaded setup. If nothing else, it should get me close and be a verification of what is shown above.

Of course this all depends on the accuracy of the measurement, weight of the car, ride height, etc.

Thanks!

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6764

Please post what you find. I am in the same boat myself.

Re:Need 30mm torsion bar reference measurement 14 years, 3 months ago #6765

Will do. I won't have the whole car back together until probably March to finaize ride height but I should have a good idea before then.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds