Hanksville Window Net Mounting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hanksville Window Net Mounting

Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6799

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
Hey guys,

Can somebody with a Hanksville window net mounting kit provide a picture or two of their configuration?

I'm shopping around for different kits, and would like to support a friend of the series.

However, I don't want to bash my head on the mounting tabs or cylinders, so I was hoping somebody could post up some pictures or dimensions of their setup to make sure it's going to work for me. (I don't have a Hanksville cage)

Much appreciated!
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by genikz.

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6849

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
Here are a few quick pictures of the mount that he installed on my cage a few years ago - not sure if this is the mount you're talking about, but I've been happy with it (though I'm considering changing the front bottom mount to give me just a bit more clearance when entering/exiting the car).

I can email bigger or more specific pics, if necessary - just let me know.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by GaryM05.

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6850

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6851

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6852

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6886

Thanks for posting, Gary. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

We have updated our window net mounting. The spring-loaded upper rod is the same, but the lower rod is now made from 3/8" stainless steel to minimize corrosion, since the lower rod tends to be subjected to weather while being towed. The lower rod is bent to conform to the contours of the door bars. Two swaged cables are used to secure and keep the rod taut: the rear cable is in the middle of the door bar bend and the front cable is at the front of the rod as usual. Another cable is added to the front and routed around the outside of the door bar to help keep the rod away from the driver's elbow. The mounting tabs are now welded to the top of the lower door bar so that they don't impede ingress/egress.

Gary, I'd be happy to update your lower rod at no charge. Feel free to let me know if you'd like to schedule this. It won't take long.

Genikz, I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for your inquiry!

Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds