Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Hanksville Window Net Mounting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hanksville Window Net Mounting

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6887

Another view, showing the upper mounting tab. Sorry that I don't have a good picture of a 944 setup but we now use this design on all of our installations including the 944s.
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6896

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
Hanksville Hot Rods wrote:

Gary, I'd be happy to update your lower rod at no charge. Feel free to let me know if you'd like to schedule this. It won't take long.

Cool - thanks! I'll let you know.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6921

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
Thanks for the detailed responses, fellas.

Hank: how long is the upper rod? Specifically, what is the distance between the two mounting points? Is it adjustable, or would I just cut it to size? I just want to be upper rod will work with my setup.

Thanks!
Chris

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6923

genikz wrote:
Thanks for the detailed responses, fellas.

Hank: how long is the upper rod? Specifically, what is the distance between the two mounting points? Is it adjustable, or would I just cut it to size? I just want to be upper rod will work with my setup.

Thanks!
Chris

Hi, Chris. Since the spring is inside the upper rod, it cannot be cut short and is not adjustable. The upper rod is available in two lengths - 22" or 26.5". The 22" long version fits the best on the 944s. The mounting tabs attach approx. .5" from the ends, so plan on the tabs to be approx. 21" and 25.5" apart depending on the rod length you choose.

If you are just looking for the upper rod, you can find these at most of the racing parts websites. My "value-add", so to speak, is my custom-fitted lower rod which might not be of value to you since I'm not familiar with your cage's door bars.

Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re:Hanksville Window Net Mounting 14 years, 2 months ago #6928

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
Thanks, Hank. I'll do some measurements this weekend and I may be calling. I'll look at your door bars and compare them to mine. They can't be that much different.

Cheers,
Chris
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds