Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10623

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Fiberglass? why not use the stock dash and just take some weight out like I did? I believe it weights in at just under 5 1/2 lbs. You can still use the factory defroster system. Route the blower tube down to the passenger floor where your heat exchanger will be.

www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...limit=6&start=60

Get your doors cut out before you put the cage it. Make sure you get all the sharp edges off too.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10625

i like being different. I wanted the stock look without the weight. This dash weighs just at 5lb.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10628

Creativity is something I like in a budget class. In fact I have always preferred keep in the dash board in place for appearance reasons. We had rules in place to require at least part of the stock dash to keep a more finished look. I gave up on that as so many stock dash boards were just old and falling a part anyway, but this FG replacement was made on the cheap at home and once finished should look really slick. I like it.

BTW... defroster. You maybe able to ditch the blower motor. I have run in rain races with no interior fogging issues. I have my stock early heater box with the vents fixed to defrost mode. I still have the blower motor, but it has not worked in years. It seems just driving moves enoigh air due to high presure at the base of the windshield. So you may get enough air flow and may not need the blower motor weight.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years ago by joepaluch.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10634

had some help tonite scrubbing the floors and glue off of everything. Just about ready for some primer inside. Started fitting the rollbar plates so i can weld the cage in. Trying to decide what order to spray/weld the interior and the cage.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10638

got some time in the garage again tonite and decided to weld the mounting plates for the cage in. After i was done i decided to fit the rollbar, which turned into lets go ahead and weld some of the rollbar. Basically have the whole thing in and tack welded w/ a few pieces finish welded like the harness bar (now) but its time for more argon.

DSCN4982.JPG

DSCN4979.JPG

DSCN4978.JPG

DSCN4977.JPG

DSCN4981.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10639

YES!!
85.5 944 Spec #51 - Midwest
86 951
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR