Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10738

got the rollbar painted. Used a brush and some Chassis Coat grey - pretty mean stuff, like POR15 actually. Looks pretty good too.

DSCN4988.JPG

DSCN4989.JPG

DSCN4990.JPG

DSCN4991.JPG
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10739

Wow looks great! Nice progress! Looks like you'll be racing this year!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10779

cut my dash this week around the rollbars and then welded up some brakets to hold the dash in place. Since the factory gauge trim fits the dash i mounted the gauges in the proper spot w/ mounts to the knee bar.

DSCN5015.JPG

DSCN5016.JPG

DSCN5017.JPG

DSCN5020.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10802

got the dash painted. sprayed the center strip black, then used that rubber stuff in the tool box drawer to make a CF design across it w/ silver paint, then some tinted clear spray. THen i taped that up and sprayed the dash w/ bed liner spray like the floor.

DSCN5031.JPG

Last week i welded some tube to the top of the door at the sill- in case i need to climb out w/ the doors closed- also will be used to hold windows up and for pulling the doors closed.

DSCN5035.JPG

My HVAC is simply the factory fans w/ adapters mounted to the bottom of them for tubing. One side blows on the floor while the other travels through a 4" duct up to the top of the dash and exits out of a louvered round vent in the top of the dash.

DSCN5034.JPG

Pulled the dash out tonite and painted all the brackets i welded to the rollbar grey to match and detailed the dash alittle. THen i velcroed my Lap timer on. Cant wait till this thing is done...Should speed up once this damn dash is done.

DSCN5042.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10823

pulled the dash again tonite- finished cutting out all the wiring that wont be used and pulling most the fuses and relays out of the box. THen i welded the adapter to the column for the steering hub and put the seat in to test fit everything. Fits pretty good. Next to fit the nets and finish the dash fitment and on to wiring switches...

DSCN5046.JPG

DSCN5047.JPG

DSCN5045.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 13 years ago #10825

You move fast Dan -looks great. Love the Prototipo wheel.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds