Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10896

That car is stunning!

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10935

got the center net and passenger seat in tonite. Dash is mounted hopefully for the last time and wiring is all done. Blower is mounted up and everything works! No pics right now but get ready for a long drawn out rebuild of my rear suspension which is already out.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10956

pulled the rear suspension all apart tonite. Time to torch the bushings, clean and paint then press some new stuff in!

DSCN5073.JPG

DSCN5075.JPG

DSCN5076.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10965

burned off the other bushings tonite. Used a 12 ton press and easily pushed the torsion carrier bushing out, then pressed the new poly bushings in. Wire wheel took the spring plate stuff down to bare metal, then sprayed them graphite and stuck the new bushings on there. Almost time for torsion bar install!

DSCN5077.JPG

DSCN5078.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10968

You have the same seat as I have for the 924s I am building for Spec 944. How did you mount a seat back brace to the back of the composite seats? I have not found any write ups yet about composite seats. All that I have found has been about Aluminum seats. Thanks!
8 laps and counting at the Nurburgring.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10969

havent built a seat brace yet. I know what i want to do but havent gotten to it. You cant attach anything to the seat- the aluminum ones you can- but not the fiberglass. Im making a large plate that wraps around the sides slightly and welding it to a tube that slides into a braket at the harness bar.

Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds