Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10971

john anthony wrote:
How did you mount a seat back brace to the back of the composite seats?

You don't!

If the seat is FIA certed and less than 5 years old you don't need a brace. If it is older or non FIA you mount the brace, but put some padding in between the seat at the brace. You also use a larger brace plate.

NEVER drill composite seat for a seat back brace.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 11 months ago #10983

yeah i still have a couple years left on my seat before it needs the brace, but i think it'll be installed before i race the car.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 10 months ago #11021

so the other day i installed the torsions. Measured. Measured again. Dropped them in and started installing the rear carrier. I decided after the first test fit that the rear would be too high so i pulled the bars and dropped them one spline. Once the car was on the ground it was apparent that it was wayyy too low and i needed to redo what i just undid. Tonite i tried again, one side at a time and raised it back up one spline and w/ the accentrics lowered the rear looks great. Once there is gas in the car, a hatch, exhaust and such the rear should sit perfectly. Since the rear was back in i decided to put my pretty new shocks on also. Photo opp!

DSCN5086.JPG

DSCN5087.JPG

DSCN5089.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 8 months ago #11347

so its been awhile since i worked on the race car as ive been doing my fatherly/husbandly duties and working on the Chumpcar 944 for a VIR race a couple weeks back. I have since completed some projects and can now somewhat resume workingo on the car for awhile. Decided since i had the car on rollers to push it outside and spray off under the hood. Once the gunk was removed i got out the rubbing compound and some rags and polished up under there some. It really is amazing how clean this makes things when you spend the time to do it- yes im OCD.

Next i decided to tear into the new motor. An 88 944 motor that my buddy had in his car when he wrecked it years ago, i figured a thorough once through was required. I pulled the motor down to a bear block in about an hour and tomorrow im taking the crank and another i have to the machine shop to be mic'd and see which once is best- then polish. Also having a baffle welded into the pan while we are at it. The bores look pretty good so its time to get out the cleaner and assembly lube and start ordering parts....

specmotor1.jpg

specmotor2.jpg

specmotor3.jpg

Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by xsboost90.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11676

got the lower end together but had to use the head gasket kit on the Chumpcar at our last race. Waiting for the new head gasket kit w/ wide fire ring and another kevlar belt to show up and i can start assembling and maybe get the thing in this month. SOld the chumpcar this week so its time to hammer down on this project and get it ready for next year.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11678

Great to see you back at it, Dan!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds