Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11758

installed the widefire headgasket w/ copper spray tonite and bolted the head down. Installed the new spec clutch, bellhousing and slid the motor in w/ the help of a couple buddies. Now to put all the wiring together and install the cambox, front of the motor and etc etc etc...brakes, suspension, cooling system, bodywork, paint ....ugh.
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11768

And then once you are done you get to do it all again - lucky!!
85.5 944 Spec #51 - Midwest
86 951

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11769

Yeah but just not as nice.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11770

Hey Sam, Nick has the head I owe you. Unfortunately, the valves they removed at Nationals were forgotton, and I need to mail them to you - give me an address at eric dot kuhns at gmail dot com, and I'll get them out to you.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11796

so after dinner i took alittle time to work on the motor in the car. Wound up swapping the 88 cam into my powdercoated cambox from my old turbo. This gave me a chance to replace all the seals in that cambox and install it onto the motor. Got the belt cover inside panel onto the front of the motor and installed all the rollers and pulleys. Since the cambox was on i put the timing belt on w/ the self tensioner and then put the balance belt on and lined them all up. Lock the flywheel, torque the crank bolt, paint the water neck graphite to match the cambox. Clean the belt covers and install the lower cover. Check the pan plug and drop in 7qts of 20w50 castrol GTX (big oil cooler) still have to put the cooler on, after the radiator though. Oh! and i made a block off plate for the area behind the cambox where the a/c and heat would come through- just cut out a piece of sheet metal, drill four holes, silicone the back side very well and drop it on and install four nuts. Beats having open holes to the engine bay.

specmotor2_2011-10-22.jpg

Next- to make a block off plate for the back of the head where the water neck came out and find a cap for the top of the water pump. Then intake, install my injectors (just back from witchhunter today!) and my pauertuning fuel lines and fuel pressure gauge. Hell this thing may just run some day.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11802

well not much progress today. DId manage to get the engine harness into the fire wall and about half way hooked up and routed. I cant believe how perfect this harness is though, its like it was in a time capsule!

Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds