Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Gina Marie rebuild - #94
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gina Marie rebuild - #94

Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #9989

As many of you know my wife has been dealing with medical issues that have limited my racing. I got once race day in at the Thanksgiving race and despite running very well I overrev'ed my motor due missing a shift. At about 100-105 mph I went for 5th gear and hit 3rd gear. Not sure what RPM that translated to, but the motor did not like it. Finished the race down on power and parked it. I has been hard to find the time to work on the car late, but I finally tore into it saturday.

What I found... (sorry no time for pics). I pulled the head (took me 2-3 hours) and I saw that I banged all 4 intake valves on the pistons. Exhaust valves seemed ok. Visually the exahust looked fine and in intakes seem to not seal. Plus there is the obvious marks on the piston tops.

So head along with a spare "part head" is car to head German Auto. I will have Jim Fluckly take a look and see what he can come up with.

If all goes well he can repair it this week and I will have it ready to install over the weekend. If all goes well the car will be back of the April race.

As for my wife... she is making it through it all if all goes well she will be looking better by the end of the week.

Thanks for all the good thoughts guys!
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #9990

All great news, Joe. Tough stuff, but glad things are going better!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #9991

• dmdirks
Glad to hear your wife is beating this, Joe!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re: Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #9995

dmdirks wrote:
Glad to hear your wife is beating this, Joe!

Well it is still on long process. Changes are high nationals will be out this year too. Of course given the distance it was a long shot anyway. Right now we have short term goals. Last major chemo for Gina is today!
Joe Paluch

Re: Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #9998

Last chemo today!

While I know it was never a question, standing by someone through chemo is a tough road. An unfortunate number of my patients don't. Things will get better, bit by bit, from here on out, for the both of you.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Gina Marie rebuild - #94 13 years, 1 month ago #10044

I just picked up the head from Jim Fluckey at German Auto!

I bent 4 exhaust valves. So he replaced the 4 valves with ones from a spare head, replaced all the valve springs with new OEM springs, did a little machine work and got it all back togther on time.
Joe Paluch
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds