Username Password: Remember me

season points for 2008 and race drops
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: season points for 2008 and race drops

season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #229

This is up for disscussion.
First of all drops as we talked about we plan on allowing 4 drops (2 weekends).

Now the championship points . I spoke with Rick tonight and we talked about allowing a more relaxed view for teams. Basicly you can earn championship points for a driver or a car #. So #24 is owned by me but if I sell it to someone they can have the championship points it has earned. Or if Rick drives Gary's car the car can earn those points ...

Pretty much just race and have fun and do not any rules get in the way of someone getting that championship from Der Kommissar.
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by SvoChuck.

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #233

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
I like 4 drops for this season, but what are we doing with the MAM event? I assume that's still just a NASA MidWest event, rather than a cross-over... do our points from those races count? What if we made it an optional event by counting the points, but also adding 2 more drops for the people who participated in it?

As for the season points in general, I really can't support them being sold or inherited. It's a drivers championship, so I want to earn any success that I may have, and I want my competitors to do the same, otherwise it has no meaning and it's not fun. If someone wants to win the season championship, then they need to actually race with us and earn those points, not just buy Dirks' car and inherit his points. If Rick wants to drive Gary's car and earn points with him, then that's good with me... just use NASA's provisions for having two drivers share one car and the season points as a team. The intent of that is for two drivers to share the costs of racing one car, and not for it to be manipulated into a competitive advantage, so I'm satisfied as long as we stay true to that.

Being that teams are going to be involved this year, what if we added a team points championship that's separate from the drivers points championship? For example, we allow two cars to form a team, and then whomever gets the most points each race will have that number of points counted towards their team's season total... and that way, people who are not on a team can still be a part of this and potentially competitive, although possibly at a little bit of a disadvantage without having a teammate to make up for any setbacks.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #242

a team championship and a drivers championship ... hmmm. kind of like nascar owners points and drivers points .... hmmm i like that... what do the rest of yall think ?

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #243

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
But isn't there only 1 team? Snymo?
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #246

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Yup, Synder Motorsports is the only team at the moment, but with 17+ cars this season, and certain alliances already in place (Team Dirks, Team Thats-What-She-Said, etc), I bet we'd see some more...
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #247

My newb opinions...

Keep it simple, driver's championship.

I think drops should open to discussion and put to a vote. A Team championship would only make sense if there are 3 or more "teams". Maybe more teams could form from us other drivers, but team strategies don't really seem to have a place in this race class.

Never heard of points staying with vehicle before, sounds like an absurd way to boost the price a car, or buy into something that wasn't earned. JMHO thanks
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by cullenwinter.
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds