(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: season points for 2008 and race drops

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #296

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
the az and nasa system both look good, wont matter much for me cause 100 is 100 regardless.

#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #297

Chris,

Your so funny. Did you forget that you'll be finishing behind me all season?

I like the AZ system, especially given the number of cars this year.
David Wright
#96 944 Spec
NASA Rocky Mountain HPDE 2 Group Leader

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #299

I like the AZ system also !

As for DQ's I will go with what the group wants but seeing as we don't have any loners or outcasts (and I want to keep it that way). If a car were to finish under weight by say 15 pounds one DQ would knock them out of the championship .... Too harsh.

so I vote you can drop DQ's.

thanks for all of the help racers !

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #301

SvoChuck wrote:
I like the AZ system also !

As for DQ's I will go with what the group wants but seeing as we don't have any loners or outcasts (and I want to keep it that way). If a car were to finish under weight by say 15 pounds one DQ would knock them out of the championship .... Too harsh.

so I vote you can drop DQ's.

thanks for all of the help racers !

Chuck brings up a good point about minor infractions. Since you have good local oversight I think it makes sense for the dropping of DQs to be a the discretion of the local series director. (ie Chuck for Rocky Mtn, and Me for Az) This way a minor issue does not get penalized to the same degree as something major. Given the number of drops 1 DQ would put you out of the championship hunt. Fine for big mistake/issue, but DQ for being 5lbs under min weight and that is excessive. On the other hand NOT DQ'ing a car for that sends the wrong message too. Punishment should fit the crime. Lose finish points, but not the season for something minor.

So in that case if there is a major DQ I will ask Chuck to inform me and I will adjust the points as required.

As for points. You can chose any of what I have posted or make up you own. Just let me know before the first race of the season so I can get the system locked into the 08 Rocky Mtn points spreadsheet. Also I am going to assume 4 drops for the season with a total of 16 races for the year.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #310

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Im not too worried about that, your first mistake of many was letting your competition build your suspension. You have fun with +3 degrees of camber in the rear Dave muahahaha can you say Spinny McSpinsalotmorethanweston?

#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:season points for 2008 and race drops 16 years, 1 month ago #312

Chris wrote:
Im not too worried about that, your first mistake of many was letting your competition build your suspension. You have fun with +3 degrees of camber in the rear Dave muahahaha can you say Spinny McSpinsalotmorethanweston?

Chris,

So that was you that set that, well that's been caught and corrected already. And, don't forget that I was helping with your brakes!!!

As for me spinning more than Weston McSpinsalot, I think that would be pretty hard to do. What's his record, about 50 times in one race???
David Wright
#96 944 Spec
NASA Rocky Mountain HPDE 2 Group Leader
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds