Just moved to Salt Lake City
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just moved to Salt Lake City

Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #388

Hi,

I just moved to Salt Lake City and am interested in getting involved with 944 spec racing. I am woundering if there are guys in the area that I could get in contact with. I have been looking into the NASA 944spec series for the past year or so. I just bought myself an 1986 944 about a month ago. I am excited about getting going.

you can email me at
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

thanks

Re:Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #389

• Skimr2
  • Drivers Ed
Hey
There are a few of us with cars in the Salt Lake area. Welcome, and good luck getting the car ready. A class where our cars can race locally on a regular basis is with the Miller Park Racing Association. They are running a licensing school for $1250 on April 4-5-6, and it includes entrance into races that weekend, assuming you pass the school.
NASA which is big in colorado isn't as big over here, but they are running a big race out here in June, that should bring out the most 944 cars this year. Also, Rocky Mountain SCCA division has developed a class for 944 spec cars as well. I don't know what the rules are going to look like for that, hopefully the same as NASA, and the AZ SCCA rules.

Where did you move from? Welcome to Utah.

Re:Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #396

WELCOME !
Yes it's true NASA RM only gets out to UT one time a year but we do have a couple of tracks on our side of the mountains. I will offer you drivers some nice discounts for driving over the hills to come see us. I always count UT as RM . Let us know if we can help !
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by SvoChuck.

Re:Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #410

I just moved for San Diego about two weeks ago. Do you ever get involved with the intermountian PCA? I see they have a track event coming up in April. How often do you get over to Colorado for the races? If you have the time I would like to meet up sometime to pick your brain.

Re:Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #417

Todd comes over twice a year.

Re:Just moved to Salt Lake City 16 years, 1 month ago #585

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
welcome to small lake city. I sent you an email with my email and phone number. You should come out to the track this saturday. Air power racing is having a test and tune and there will be two spec cars (mine and OTTO- I don't think Parker registered in time)with you there will be 4 comfirmed cars with a couple more possibles.

I plan to run at least 1 colorad event and 1 nor cal each year if not more. I have a new born so that is all i can commit to at this point.

looking forward to speaking with you
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds