Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec!

Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #429

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
I feel that this first weekend was a [borat]Great Success[/borat]! All of our rookie drivers did a fantastic job in the comp school and the race on sunday. This season will be amazing with good, competitive driving. If you look back at our lap times at this time last year you will see just how awesome you are doing. But, you have alot of stiff competition from the OG's, Dougs improved so much from last season, i really need to figure out why he's so fast, Weston and I are still very competitive with each other but faster than last season, and fricken Dirks and Chuck broke into the fourties at pueblo... yikes! This shouldnt be a problem for anyone though, since keeping in the spirit of the class, everyone will share any tips, secrets, information, sponsorship (hopefully) in order to get everyone the potential to make it to the podium. Three cheers for the best class and region in NASA, you guys are awesome!

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #431

WOW That was a bunch of 944's ! I just can't picture what Miller is going to be like with 3 to 4 times that many cars

Weston is going to setup a file transfer site (thanks weston) PLEASE send me or send to the file transfer site all of your video and pictures !

The Comp school was really something . Chris talks about last years times and how fast yall were this year . Yes I did win both races but using my times from 2006 I would have placed maybe midpack ? learning how to go fast in our cars is just the next step and it will really be fun to learn.

Standby for all of my traqmate data . maybe we can get "BIG" to share his info and give yall something to compare it to . As for my setup . I will always share it !

Re:Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #433

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
[Kool-Aid]Oh yeah![/Kool-aid] When I was running, I had a blast. I found that I was always round Cullen, Kasim and Phil... with Michelle right in my sights before something broke. Hopefully after an engine rebuild, rear bars installed and ride height adjusted I'll be a little quicker. I couldn't make up any time on any of the straights. Doug, Lee, Dave&Dave, and Chuck blazed by me like I was standing still. Argh! Oh well... I don't think I'll have it done by Gateway, but for sure by the next May Pueblo event.

Cullen, check out the video I posted on Sundays race. I didn't hit you! But as we said, it was close.
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director

Re:Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #440

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Congratulations RM on your season opener!

If you need a ftp site you're welcome to use 944spec.org. Regardless where the pictures end up you should have a link from the Gallery section.

The Drivers Listing also needs to be updated with current pictures of your cars. Please forward those to Chuck or myself.

Thanks!
--Ken

Re:Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #441

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Great racing! The Blazer's coolant explosion kept me from getting the car 100% ready last week, but I still had a great time and some good close racing. You guys really fought hard. Even the new people who don't have much suspension yet were doing a great job when I harassed them in the comp school. I'm really disappointed that my video camera broke.

This is my to-do list for next time:

- Replace last season's worn out RA1's with fresh R888's
- 50-100 lbs lighter
- bleed the brakes (they haven't been bled since March of 2007, LOL)
- front alignment
- install Wink 5-panel mirror so that I can see Dave W and Chris far behind me! well, hopefully...
- fix/replace video cameras
- bring Kleenex for Chris for when I destroy him
- crash into less cars in the paddock
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Pat self on the back NASA-RM 944 spec! 16 years, 1 month ago #443

• Philé
  • Junior Racer
  • have your people call my people.
shopping list for a two or three seconds: stiffer springs (from 28 to 30 in back, from 250 to 350 or 400 front) loose 200 lbs, Dirks' old lightened flywheel, a few ounces of Chux insanity, more negative camber...

W/PCA I was always one of two or three 944s and used my mirrors more than anything. Nice to have some gang activity i can hang wit, yo.
philé
_____

菲立普
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds