Username Password: Remember me

Gateway in april ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: Gateway in april ?

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #508

SvoChuck wrote:
my low cost camera is an aiptek video camera. mount it any old way and it works. no moving parts and they come up on ebay for around $50 .

Thanks Chuck, I'll pick up a camera soon. Just curious, do you have to remember to turn them on ? I have trouble with those kinds of things

CJ, if you start another thread re your engine woes, I'll fill you in on how I got mine done with a thin wallet.

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #509

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
SvoChuck wrote:
cj if you get an engine from somewhere else I bet you could pay us to do it at my house ... Weston what do you think that would cost ? 6 pizzas and 2 cases of beer ?

Well... hell yeah. Now to find an engine. Hmm... www.porsche944engines.com ?
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by Bottoz.

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #511

Bottoz wrote:
SvoChuck wrote:
cj if you get an engine from somewhere else I bet you could pay us to do it at my house ... Weston what do you think that would cost ? 6 pizzas and 2 cases of beer ?

Well... hell yeah. Now to find an engine. Hmm... www.porsche944engines.com ?

Junkyard was my best friend. The hard part there, is finding an '88, but from what the others are saying, that may not matter much. My scrapyard block is an '87
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by cullenwinter.

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #515

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Yeah, finding an '88 could be hard, but if your pistons themselves are still ok, you could buy some new rings and stick them in another block. The pistons are the expensive/hard-to-find part... the rest isn't anything special, except for maybe the '88 head. It shouldn't be much trouble to do rod bearings, piston swap, and a fresh head gasket, with the engine out of the car... and then Chuck is the expert on getting these engines back into the car.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #516

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
SvoChuck wrote:
my low cost camera is an aiptek video camera. mount it any old way and it works.

Just no 45 degree angles, please. If it's upside down, or even at a 90 or 270 degree angle, I can easily make it look right with software. 90 and 270 degrees wont have the width that we'd want though. If it's crooked by 45 degrees or some other angle, I should be able to straighten it, but it'll look funny since it wont be a square or rectangular picture (unless we crop it to a rectangle by digitally zooming in on it).
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Gateway in april ? 16 years, 1 month ago #523

yea but who would mount a camera at 45 degree angle ...
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds