Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Thoughts on Lifters?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Thoughts on Lifters?

Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11601

So, INA lifters, while crappy, provided a way of keeping cars running with failed original lifters. In April, INA stopped making lifters. Supplies are already drying up. What are we going to do when you can't buy replacement lifters?

-bj

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11607

This has been coming for a while. When there are no other options, Lindsey makes solid lifter conversions but I don't think we're there yet.

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11608

944Racer72 wrote:
don't think we're there yet.

I agree. I just thought I would start the discussions because it usually takes a few years to get a rule change in place. This is something that needs to be figured out before shortages happen. Especially because the only alternatives are expensive and have a performance benefit.

Part of me wants to go through all the major parts vendors and buy the remaining inventory. I have had two fail in my motor. I have a customer car that had two that were bad and then just had two more fail. I'm going to be through my stock of lifters, soon.

I could start junk yard diving, but dried up, unknown mileage lifters are not what I want to install in customer's cars.

-bj

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11610

I don't thing solid lifers are good. I don't want to deal with them at all (rules or no rules)

There has to be other options....
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11611

joepaluch wrote:
There has to be other options....

That's why I'm bringing it up, to figure out options before it's a problem.

Re: Thoughts on Lifters? 12 years, 7 months ago #11612

I think my car is the one BJ was referring too. I am interested in a future solution as well.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds