Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules change discussion timeline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules change discussion timeline

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5734

Jim the rules alreay allow aftermarkt front spoilers if they are the same shape as stock.

If this not what you are talking about let me know.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5735

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I have brand new Konis in my trailer and I took them to MMP. But I did not use them except for the rears only for 4 sessions. I was testing a theory that did not pan out with the R888 tire.

I am all for one shock if we get a contingency deal from Koni or Bilstein. No need to make a change if there is no advantage between the shocks or no money to be won. The Bilsteins are just a lower cost option. That is what this class is about isn't it? Low cost.

My car has a dieseling problem after shut down on really hot days with pump gas. If I add race fuel it does not happen. The dyno work I have done with the fuel selector switch on the DME and race fuel was a 3hp gain. Not alot but still 3 hp.

I do like the wording to require a car to run on pump fuel at an event with no changes. Seems like the best option with out going to a spec fuel.

I would like to see us be able to use the Turbo radiator and lower mount. But can see where opening up the rules to allow any radiator and any mount can be a problem for the future.

Jim I will require at least a 5 minute notice to make changes to car to meet your demands
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5752

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
joepaluch wrote:
cbuzzetti wrote:
Well I would like to be able to continue to use my Bilstein shocks. Which of course falls under a no new rule catagory.

I have no strong desire to get rid of the bilsteins. I might be cleaner to just run Koni's, but unless we get some sort of mondo sponsorship from Koni for being spec Koni I can't say it will make the racing any better.

If we do get some Koni sponsorship.... We we will deal with the Bilsteins at that time. So far I have no evidence to support it we have any deals lined up, but I would welcome a deal to get some real sponsorship for the class. Given how limited the prep is Koni's are about the only thing we could do for sponsor.

For the record...
+1 on keeping the Bilsteins.
I just bought shiney new ones for my car.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5773

Just want to put gutting the fuel filler neck out there. Reason being, in the E2 (Endurance racing) class, 944's as a group are competing against other classes that can do this, not just each other. Keeping the restrictor slows our pit stops vs. the E2 competition. Why handicap ourselves? This has no effect on regular sprint races.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5776

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
As much as I disagree with altering rules I have to agree with Doc.

I have been considering running the 25 hrs at Thunderhill in my Spec car and knew that the filler neck would cause an issue with speed filling the car.

Seems like a non issue at this time.

Any thoughts?
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5778

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
I second this.
It has no effect on our sprint races, a simple mod using the existing filler neck.
This would be very helpful for the guys running E2 using 944-Spec as their base class.

We did this mod. for our 24 Hours of LeMons car.

--Ken
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds