Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules change discussion timeline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules change discussion timeline

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5692

This why it is perfect formaly state this. Less confusion in the rules. In fact I have a 83 manual steering tub. I need to see if they even had that bracket in the tub.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5694

My 83 manual steering car had the power steering reservoir bracket. And I cut it off when installing my oil cooler sandwich plate.

I also cut out the back of my foglight because I thought everyone already did this.

One to add, maybe:Has it ever been discussed to allow the early cars with the gap around the front windshield frame to be able to fill this in so that it is smooth and flush with the glass, either with say expanding foam or just racer tape.

The later cars have a flush mounted windshield that is probably more aero than the early cars. Just a thought. Would cost nothing to do this for an owner.

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5696

nkgosselin wrote:
My 83 manual steering car had the power steering reservoir bracket. And I cut it off when installing my oil cooler sandwich plate.

I also cut out the back of my foglight because I thought everyone already did this.

Exactly why it makes sense to make it formal in the rules.

One to add, maybe:Has it ever been discussed to allow the early cars with the gap around the front windshield frame to be able to fill this in so that it is smooth and flush with the glass, either with say expanding foam or just racer tape.

The later cars have a flush mounted windshield that is probably more aero than the early cars. Just a thought. Would cost nothing to do this for an owner.

Stock the early cars have a trim section that covers the gap. The windshield is not flush, but there is no gap.Here is a picture of my 84 chassis.

Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5697

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Upgrade radiator fans to 6 blade or aftermarket fans (early 3 blade fans aren't the best). This modification won't help with any performance just give us options to have the car run cooler.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5698

I like the pump gas rule. instead of testing fuel, just state the a competitor may be required to buy & run pump gas provided by the series director.

I would like an allowance to be able to weld in small jack plates - these get beat up quite a bit in a race car setting.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 7 months ago #5701

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Sterling Doc wrote:
I would like an allowance to be able to weld in small jack plates - these get beat up quite a bit in a race car setting.

I like that idea, although there would have to be a weight or size maximum so they don't end up getting used for unintended purposes, such as ballast. The reason my rockers are a bit deformed is because we learned where the jack points aren't located on these cars, back during our first season. I've seen the actual jack points physically deformed and of questionable integrity/safety on a few cars too, so repair and reinforcement could be useful.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by Weston.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds