Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

PARToberfest at the Chicken Shack!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: PARToberfest at the Chicken Shack!

PARToberfest at the Chicken Shack! 10 years, 7 months ago #16544

What could be better than brats and beer in October? Brats, beer and a combined parting/build party at the Shack!

Saturday, October 5 we will be having a parting and build party for two new 944 drivers- Rob Webber and Alan Evans, both will be driving their first NASA HPDE event in December at Road Atlanta.

We will be finishing building and then installing a new engine in Alan's 88 and pulling the engine from a parts car for Rob. In addition to pulling the engine we will be parting out the rest of the car so folks of any skill level are welcome to attend and join in the fun

Brats, burgers and beer will be served, the party starts and 9:00 AM and will go on for the whole day. Drop in any time.

Everyone is welcome, all tools will be provided.

The Chicken Shack is located in Cumming, GA off of exit 13 on GA-400, about 20 miles north of Atlanta- PM me or post your contact info for the address.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Brian Evans.

Re: PARToberfest at the Chicken Shack! 10 years, 6 months ago #16549

Hey all!

I'm very excited about this build party! After coming to the shack several weeks back with Brian and Alan to work on Alan's 944, I got the itch to pick up a 944 of my own and get it on the track. We found one on Craigslist with a decent body but a seized motor, so I picked it up for a pretty good price. After getting the motor broken down we quickly determined what the problem was, hahaha. Here are some pictures we took after getting the cam tower and head off the motor.

Needless to say this motor is coming out and another is going in its place. We'd love to see you come out next weekend to help us revive a couple of 944's as well as part one out. As Brian mentioned we will provide food, drinks, and good time for all. It's a great chance for beginners (like myself!) to get some hands on experience tearing down and rebuilding 944 motors. Hope to see you there!
'85 944
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by robweber1. Reason: Take out paragraph breaks

Re: PARToberfest at the Chicken Shack! 10 years, 6 months ago #16576

• S2k4j
  • Junior Racer
I'll be there!
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds