Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October

OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18083

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Not too early to start getting ready for the 2015 East Coast Nationals next year. I've done VIR once and absolutely loved it. The uphill essess are awesome in our cars and the track itself is beautiful. Since this is a joint event run by Mid-Atlantic, we should get one or two of the Mid-A cars to show. How many SE guys will make the trek? Test & Tune is available on Friday.

There is also the opportunity to run a 120 minute kart endure on Saturday night. We have to make 3 pit stops with a minimum of 2 drivers. Cost is $220 and there are still 4 team spots open.

www.nasaracing.net/?page_id=3719

Tentative Entry List
1. Stanley
2. Evans
3. Joyce
4. Cosgrove
5. Yousko (Likely)
6. Pohlman (Maybe)
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18091

AgRacer wrote:
Not too early to start getting ready for the 2015 East Coast Nationals next year. I've done VIR once and absolutely loved it. The uphill essess are awesome in our cars and the track itself is beautiful. Since this is a joint event run by Mid-Atlantic, we should get one or two of the Mid-A cars to show. How many SE guys will make the trek? Test & Tune is available on Friday.

There is also the opportunity to run a 120 minute kart endure on Saturday night. We have to make 3 pit stops with a minimum of 2 drivers. Cost is $220 and there are still 4 team spots open.

www.nasaracing.net/?page_id=3719

Alan and I will be there, I think Pete said he would be, as did Cosser, "Joelemy," is a maybe, not sure about Manley or Duff. TJ from the M-A said he would be there.

We had a kart team a couple of years ago at VIR. Think it was me, Michael, Fred and Jody- it was miserable- the kart was slow, it broke, it was freezing, and we got whipped by a bunch of teenagers. I swore I would never do it again.

Put me down as a maybe.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18092

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Brian Evans wrote:
Alan and I will be there, I think Pete said he would be, as did Cosser, "Joelemy," is a maybe, not sure about Manley or Duff. TJ from the M-A said he would be there.

We had a kart team a couple of years ago at VIR. Think it was me, Michael, Fred and Jody- it was miserable- the kart was slow, it broke, it was freezing, and we got whipped by a bunch of teenagers. I swore I would never do it again.

Put me down as a maybe.

After hearing that, I think I'd rather spend my money in the Oak Tree Tavern instead.

virnow.com/experience/dining/

You know, they are doing a comp school on Friday. Alan could go ahead and get his comp license and then cut his teeth in racing at VIR rather than at the small bore shootout. Might make him more comfortable at the other event since VIR is more forgiving with less walls and more open spaces.

I think Duffy is out for a bit due to his surgery.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18093

AgRacer wrote:
Brian Evans wrote:

Put me down as a maybe.

After hearing that, I think I'd rather spend my money in the Oak Tree Tavern instead.

virnow.com/experience/dining/

You know, they are doing a comp school on Friday. Alan could go ahead and get his comp license and then cut his teeth in racing at VIR rather than at the small bore shootout. Might make him more comfortable at the other event since VIR is more forgiving with less walls and more open spaces.

I think Duffy is out for a bit due to his surgery.

Duff is doing a de this weekend at Road Atlanta this weekend so he may be OK to race in a month.

Alan's never driven VIR before so convincing him to go through comp school there will be tough.

Besides, Pohlman and Dearstyne have dibs on Alan for his first race out of comp school.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18095

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
I think that's actually more of a reason to do it at VIR...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by AEvans.

Re: OktoberFAST - VIR - 3-5 October 9 years, 7 months ago #18103

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Thinking about the data thing and trying to get everyone faster, I think from now on every week end Ill do two things: host a data analysis session where I talk about tricks for each track as well as allow anyone who doesn't have a traqmate to put their data system in my car so you can get a baseline fast lap to work off of. I know immediately we can do this with the Aim Solo in Brian's car. This should be a big help to everyone at VIR since I don't think too many have run this track. When the schedule comes out, Ill let everyone know the date and time.

I also will have my laptop with all the various data analysis software installed (Traqmate, AIM, Motec, etc.)
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by AgRacer.
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds