Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10

Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years, 1 month ago #20511

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
After a wonderful round 3 event with double digit car count, we move back to Savannah for the last event at Roebling Road for 2016.

3 rounds into the 2016 season the points standings has Stanley at the top, followed closely by the rookie of Kimball, and then the legend of Crookston. With drops counted, nobody is out of the running for the 2016 Southeast championship just yet. Competition is looking good in 2016 with 6 cars posting fastest lap times within a second of each other during the Race for the Pi Sunday Race!

Early Entry List

1. Torgersen
2. Perkins (Finally Completing Comp School)
3. Stanley
4. Kimball
5. Yousko
6. Crookston

7. Honcho - Resurrected, just needs a driver

----

Event Class Email

Round 4 of the Southeast 2016 season is this week end at Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah, GA. We have 5 currently registered with a possibility of 2 more before the week end.

Parking

Parking will be in our assigned area as depicted on the NASA Southeast event email and website. As you drive in to the pit area, keep heading straight, once past the Food Shack on the right, we will be the next field under the trees closest to you. There are two power poles in that field which should provide plenty of power for those coming (be sure to pay at the front gate and get your sticker). Perkins has the biggest rig with a motor home and enclosed. He will likely arrive first and can help keep our area clear so we have enough space for 2 more enclosed and 3 open trailers. We rarely fill up this area so feel free to spread out.

Tech

Be sure to weigh you car or risk not knowing when I send you to the scales. Each track is different! I am going to start ramping up the random compliance checks since the class is building and competition is getting stronger. They will start simple and aren't meant to target anyone, we just need to start getting accustomed to being honest competitors. Part of this involves knowing your car (if its new to you) and knowing the rules. If you have questions about what is legal, ask me before you take a chance!

Food

Don't make plans for lunch on Saturday because we will be fixing up some BBQ and Teriyaki chicken skewers. We might also combine lunch with the SE30 crew again for more lightning group team building. The SE30 gang is also going out to dinner both Friday and Saturday evening and have invited us to attend.

Other

The last thing offered by the SE30 series director, Scott Gress, was to modify the parking plan at every event to have us pit next to the SE30 crew. If this is something everyone is interested in, I will talk with Gress and Pantas to make this change. It could have some benefits.

Event 944Spec Forum Thread
944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/southeast/2051...-2016-rrr-april-8-10

Roebling Road Parking Map
nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/RoeblingRoad.jpg

Race Video from Sunday Winter Carnival
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 8 years ago by AgRacer.

Re: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years, 1 month ago #20512

I'll be there!
Kyle Kimball

Orange 1984 944 #444

Re: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years ago #20535

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I think Honcho is out after developing an issue at Road Atlanta.

We are planning on cooking some good lunch on at least Saturday so don't make any plans for that meal.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years ago #20558

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
I'll take a look at Honcho again this weekend and see if I can't get it running.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years ago #20560

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
If you need pictures of a good flywheel, I have a few lying around now.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: Spring Brake 2016 - RRR - April 8-10 8 years ago #20562

• upete57
  • Comp School
I'm signed up.
Pete
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds