Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944-SPEC SE Race Weekend #3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944-SPEC SE Race Weekend #3

944-SPEC SE Race Weekend #3 14 years, 11 months ago #4322

Carolina Motorsports Park was the site of the NASA-SE Region 944-SPEC race weekend #3. Saturday was a HUGE learning experience for me as I started from the pole, led the most laps and was a full second faster than the second place car, yet still ended up losing. Joel Barber did exactly what he needed to do, stay within striking distance and wait for me to make a mistake. Lets just say that as I came up on slower traffic, I simply took my time and calculated my next move, not wanting to jeopardize those competitors competing against each other. It was just what Joel needed to make a pass. I would take the lead again, only to have the same thing happen again and once he took the lead the 2nd time, I didn't have enough time, track or tires to get it back. So, congrats to Joel for his win on Saturday. Sunday, I would again sit on the pole, lead the most laps but as I approached slower cars, I would make not ease up and simply looked at those other classes as MY fellow competitors and passed them as quickly as I could. By doing so, I would also lead the most important lap, the last one. This was my 4th 944-SPEC win of the year and further lengthen my point lead in the championship standings. Joel Barber would fight to come home 2nd and hold his position in 2nd in points. Next up on the SE schedule is Barber Motorsports Park (no relation to Joel) in Leeds, AL on May 30-31st.

Here are some highlights from Sunday:

MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion
Last Edit: 14 years, 11 months ago by mcmmotorsports.
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds