Username Password: Remember me

Got My 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Got My 944

Got My 944 12 years ago #13048

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Just returned yesterday from Florida with the car. Ill be spending today going over it to get familiar. I know right now that I have order new driver side belts and window netting, and I'm going to go ahead and order some SFI rated roll bar padding to replace and add some inside the car as some of the padding is the cheap, water noodle kind. As far as car mods go, to make it spec legal, AFAIK, all I have to do is replace the header with the stock manifold, which I have, and remove the MSD ignition control box that connects to the coil. First look at the MSD tells me that it just assists and the ignition isn't modified in any other way. The shifter might need adjusting as it seems to tilt to the right too much and hits the tunnel opening when I shift into 5th.

Are there any shops in the Austin area that can to yearly inspections? It does have a NASA logbook already but after reading the CCRs, I'm understanding that I need a new one for this region.

Oh, and I hate the Momo steering wheel that's on it as it reminds me of a circle track car. Anyone got any good recommendations for a better one?

Lastly, does the side impact net need a SFI label on it with a date inside of 5 years like the window net?

I'm still planning on attending comp school at TWS later this month.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 12 years ago by AgRacer.

Re: Got My 944 12 years ago #13145

Jason, it was great meeting you this weekend. The right side net does not need an SFI label and it does not expire.
NASA Texas Competition Director
Texas 944Spec Director
National CMC Director
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds