Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Spec 944 in Texas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Spec 944 in Texas

New Spec 944 in Texas 11 years, 5 months ago #14696

My spec 944 just arrived in Houston last week. Have not raced before so will focus on track time/DE initially. Bought an existing spec car in Denver, Chuck Taylor was a great help in sourcing the car and a tremendous source of knowledge and assistance through the process.
I look forward to meeting you guys.
Kevin

IMG00096-20121119-1126.jpg

Re: New Spec 944 in Texas 11 years, 5 months ago #14697

Nice car Kevin, same color as mine! You have the right formula for going fast, seat time, seat time and then some more seat time!

Hope to see you on a track soon,
Norman #99

Re: New Spec 944 in Texas 11 years, 5 months ago #14717

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Awesome to see another car in the state! Be sure to check out NASA's schedule for next year. Our first week end is already about a month away at MSR-H. It would be great to see you out there doing DEs that week end.

How much previous driving experience do you have? I only ask because the Competition Schools are only so often, so it might be good to go ahead and get it knocked out if its convenient. You can always revert back into DE after the School if you and/or the car isnt ready.

My suggestion, however, is that if you have any previous solo non-instructed driving experience then your likely ready to go ahead and join us. The intensity level is knocked up a notch or two when comparing a race session with a DE session, but I believe that you will learn more by joining us in the race session then just tooling around with the DE guys waiting for point bys.

So much of racing is learning how to race, and you just cannot get that from DE sessions. There are plenty of places and organizations you can get seat time, but far fewer where you can get race time. Chasing your fellow Spec 944 guys around the track will yield you much better results in the beginning because it gives you the biggest reference on improvement. As you become more accustomed to the car, DE sessions are where you can fine tune that improvement and become a much better all around driver.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by AgRacer.
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds