Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sway Bar options
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sway Bar options

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11060

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Yes, end = drop links and no you can't get the bigger rubber bushings for the end/drop link mounts as the M030 bar was not made at the time of the steel A arms. You'll have to sand them out to make them bigger. For the center mounts you can get the bigger bushings.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11067

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Remember on the early arms they are not really drop links as in the late arms. The early arms mount uses 2 bolts to locate the mount tight under the A-Arm and due to the shape the bushings are different. This is why you have to take an early mount bushing and hog it out to take the larger bar dimension rather than using a late bushing.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11068

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
So the end links wouldn't need to be changed when going with a sway bar larger than 24mm but I would have to get the 24mm end bushing and bore it out to make it work?

But the center clip is the same and I can use a 26.8mm center bushing? Is that correct?

JerryW, I have an 86, so I have the drop link ends and the single bolt that bolt it to the control arm. Since I do have the later style, couldn't I just purchase the 87+ end links and bushings to go with a 26.88 sway bar? Sorry for all the questions/confusion, but switching from early to late has got me all kinds of confused and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information available. Kind of frustrating.
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11069

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
If you want to use the steel arms you would have to drill them out to use the late sway bar drop links. Steel arms - early hardware Alu arms = late hardware

I have never heard of using the late drop links on the early arms but others may chime in here.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11071

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
I hope that isn't the case. After all the research and questions I have asked to find out what was needed to switch to steel, I was never told that the end links would need to be changed when switching to steel a-arms.
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11073

Yes, the end links are different from the stee arms to the aluminum ones. Porsche recommended against using the early off aluminum arms for racing due failures seen. Check with John Zeeman at A Part Above - his link is on the left. He car get you the parts you need inexpensively.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds