Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New 944 Spec National Director
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New 944 Spec National Director

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #9056

Since there seems to be a perception that my racecar runs on caviar, and I arrive at the track in a fleet of Renegade Toterhomes, I though I'd write a "meet you national director" post.

I am a small town family doctor, in a live in a house backed up to a cornfield, 2 hours west of Chicago, in the town of Sterling, IL. (hence the screen name).

I am 39 years old, and have not yet quite paid off my student loans.
I sleep in my truck a that the track when my very supportive wife & kids are not along:

I very much enjoy problem solving, in medicine, and directing a series, locally, and nationally. I have no political aspirations in racing, or elsewhere though, and accepted this job because I was asked, and believe in 944 Spec, and those who run NASA, locally, and Nationally. These guys, and the other series directors, share my passion for racing, racecraft, and fun.

I realize that leadership often involves choosing who you are going to tee off on a given day, but seek to "first do no harm" here, as in my day job. I will strive to be a clear about the rationale behind the collective decisions of the S.D's I represent, who are a great group of service-minded individuals.

I feel enormously fortunate to be able to "live the dream" of racing a this stage of my life, and appreciate that 944 Spec exists to make that possible, and that NASA allows me to work to offset some of the expense.

My biggest regret is not being able to make the last two national championships after experiencing Miller in '08. Flipping my 944 over it's nose onto it roof left a big, smoking hole in my racing budget:
Fotunately, it left not so much as a scratch on me...

Anyway, I look forward to meeting most of you over the next couple of years, in you region, and at Nationals...

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #9066

Damned rich Doctors showing off their crazy driving

Thanks for the bio Eric and you have a beautiful family!

My family loves the track as well and usually accompanies me. NASA NorCal has a wonderful program for kids with an air conditioned, supervised play area and usually a bounce house. Really great idea that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Steve Lewis

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #9067

It's a 944 Spec MW tradition that we organize a kids pedal car autocross at one event a year. Here's the kids practicing:

At the event:

NASA provides a bouncy house that event too. Unfortunately, it's only one event per year

Steve, I see your kids is in your avatar as well!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 7 months ago #9071

That's a great idea!
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by 944Racer72.

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 7 months ago #9093

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Now the name makes alot more sense.

BTW I have this rash on my ........

Welcome again to the madness.

The kids slalom race is a great idea.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2