Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Engine Builder
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Engine Builder

Re: Engine Builder 13 years, 6 months ago #9452

I personally wouldn't build another engine without cross drilling the crank and adding the trap door oil pan baffle. I do agree that assembly can be done by an average mechanic with good tools and a few specialty tools.

Re: Engine Builder 13 years, 6 months ago #9456

944Racer72 wrote:
I personally wouldn't build another engine without cross drilling the crank and adding the trap door oil pan baffle. I do agree that assembly can be done by an average mechanic with good tools and a few specialty tools.

Yes I agree and I aways do that on engine build too. I should have mentioned that earlier.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Engine Builder 13 years, 6 months ago #9458

• S2racer
  • Comp School
Thanks for all the response, my engine is box stock with 100k on it. So I think I will take your advice and build the bottom end and ship the head out to Bennington. This will save me a few bucks. I agree with you, you should support the ones that support the class.

What are your plans for next year?

I'm hoping to get on the track by the end of the 2011 season. I think there is a 944-Spec race at Mid-Ohio in April, which I plan on going up to, just to spectate. I have to join and apply for a license yet. It all depends on my other racing schedule. I have a restoration/fab, prep shop with trackside services. Which keeps me very busy. The 944 is my personal fun. I have had a great time xcrossing it, but I can't wait to get it on Mid-Ohio.

Thanks again
Randall Hartman
Motorsports Promotions
Manager/Crew Chief
SCCA Sports 2000 National Champions in
2010 SCCA Mechanic of the Year
2012 SCCA Sports 2000 National Champion!

Re: Engine Builder 13 years, 6 months ago #9463

Sounds great. Nick was at a build party last night, helping to install an engine In Ken's car. He does really nice motor work, and is a hell of a nice guy.

If you have an SCCA comp license, you can get a NASA one any time - just apply through NASA Great Lakes - look on NASAgreatlakes.com.

Look forward to seeing you out there!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds