Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9674

I have an 89 Chassis and I weigh ~ 250 LBs. I've now got the car to minimum weight with my equipment on. It took a lot of doing but it is possible.

Another 60LBs out would be very difficult but half of that could be done without too much trouble. I think getting under 2650 at your weight would be doable.

I have a Corbeau seat that I used to have in a car for my dad. I forget the model but it is for larger drivers and it fit fine. It was way wide for me and I'm not svelte.

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9676

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
I have a friend that races and is similar to your size and he found that a Sparco XL2+ seat fit him. On their website it may be the Evo 3 It has side mounts which in theory should put the seat lower. I am not sure if the width will be a problem. In my car the side bars on the driver side bow out ( I think they are called NASCAR bars) whatever by bowing out it increases the room for the seat. It may also be a Recaro brand as they use XL in descriptionof seats. If you want to talk with someone Jackie Ginsberg at Werks 2 818.845.2530 could be of help. They carry both brands. Feel free to use my name if you call. I have known her for years and purchased equipment from them. They are very helpful people who has serviced Porsche race cars for years.

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9677

• Fooshe
  • Comp School
Atteberry wrote:
... If you want to talk with someone Jackie Ginsberg at Werks 2 818.845.2530 could be of help. They carry both brands. Feel free to use my name if you call. I have known her for years and purchased equipment from them. They are very helpful people who has serviced Porsche race cars for years.

Ironically, that is who I went to see to try the seats on. Very nice people and quite helpful. I tried both on (Sparco EVO3 and Recaro Profi XL) there. They said the Recaro will fit, but they were not sure about the EVO 3. Of course, the EVO 3 was more comfortable than the Recaro.

I think my next move is to get the car and take it over to see if they can try the seat in the tub.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Fooshe.

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9679

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Ask Tim Comeau on both seats he may be able to answer the question before you haul the car over to Werks 2 I have the Sparco Pro ADv in my car and there is still some room left. Tim installed the seat in my car.

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9680

• Fooshe
  • Comp School
I just spoke with him and he was not 100% sure. I really do think that I need to get the tub over there and try the seats. The last thing I want is to be uncomfortable and in the back of the pack.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Fooshe.

Re: What is the biggest seat you can put in a 944/924S 13 years, 5 months ago #9684

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
So does that mean if you are comfortable you are ok being in the back of the pack?
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds